Forum Discussion

EmilyKeskey
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Daylight Saving Change - Daily Sync Table Refresh Schedule

Anyone else have sync tables that refresh daily on a schedule? Each of our tables like this shifted the refresh hour to an hour earlier since daylight saving time ended over the weekend (ex. used to be set to refresh between 2am and 3am and now it's set to refresh between 1am and 2am). We've been using these for years and I don't recall this ever happening before.

We had our timing set up so it would refresh after the source had the newest file (a scheduled daily file from an external system sends to our server, and QB picks it up from there). Because of the change to an earlier refresh, the file it should have refreshed wasn't available yet. 

I opened a support case and waiting to hear back if QB will update the schedules back to what they were or if I need to go in and change each of them back, but heads up you might want to check on your daily sync tables if the timing you chose was not arbitrary!

------------------------------
Emily Keskey

4 Replies

• That was a helpful tip. I checked one of my tables where the timing for a once a day refresh was important, and indeed, it shifted from an 8 AM Refresh schedule to a 7 AM refresh schedule.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • QB Support confirmed: "It appears this is indeed a known issue/behavior, and so you have to change your sync schedule twice a year to adjust for daylight savings time."

Emily Keskey
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

... or I guess Plan B is to wait for the US to lead the world to eliminate the 2x annual daylight savings time changes. Canada would jump on board in a minute but we can't go it alone.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        EmilyKeskey
        Qrew Trainee

I'm on board with that change!! Not holding my breath though. 

Glad this helped you, Mark!

Emily Keskey