Forum Discussion

CodiSmith1
Qrew Member
3 months ago

Deleting Attachments

We recently switched to the new form and users are having issues deleting attachments. No form rules have been changed from the old form or permissions. We have found that the only way they can delete attachments is if we give them edit field property permissions. Does anyone know why this is? The only thing has changed is moving from the old form to the new form. 

------------------------------
Codi Smith

5 Replies

• I just did a test using Test as Role in a Participant role and I still got the red trashcan to delete an attachment.   So you might need to put in a support ticket to see if there's something very unique about your set up.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CodiSmith1
      Qrew Member

Okay, the user can select the trash can put when they save the form they have an error that says unable to delete attachment. 

Codi Smith
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

Wow, you are totally right!  I went all the way through the process in the Participant role and got a lovely red pop-up saying "Failed to delete attachment".  That is a bug for sure so I suggest you put in a bug report.  I would think they would fix that on a pretty urgent basis and there is a good chance they will come back and say they know about the bug.   

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com