Forum Discussion

QBSystem
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Displaying code page content in text formula

I have a code page which returns some text. I want this text to be displayed in a rich text formula field. Now that java script in not working within rich text formula fields, how do I get it to display the data after executing the code page without having to press a button.

Thanks

------------------------------
Chaim Weiss

3 Replies

• If you need the code page to determine your text, I don't believe there is any way for your use case to work without a button click. On the other hand, if it's possible to do a similar calculation within the formula field itself, you could by-pass the code page altogether.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/
      QBSystem
      Qrew Member
      Thanks for your reply. I am looking to get data via url request from an outside website. I dont think this can be done within the formula. If yes please let me know.

Thanks

Chaim Weiss
        AhuvaBrown
        Qrew Trainee
        Depending on how your code is written, it might be possible to post the results of your request to the field in the code page itself. You would need to add something like this to your code after the request:

$.post(dbid, {
        act: "API_EditRecord",//or API_AddRecord, depending on what you're trying to do
        rid: rid,
        _fid_6: yourtext
        }).then(function(xml) {
        //go to url
        });
        }

A Brown