Forum Discussion

HunterCollins
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Displaying data from an unrelated table

I currently have a parent table "patients" with two child tables, "procedure authorization" and "appointments." These two child tables are only related through their shared parent table but I want to display appointment information on my procedure authorization table. I currently have a report link connecting the two, but this does not work for me, as I need to be able to at a glance see the appointment without having to click on a link. Is there any way to do this? I really appreciate the help, as this solution is eluding me.
-Hunter

------------------------------
Hunter Collins

5 Replies

• you can create a field on appointments which concatenates the fields together with all the relevant details in one field.
    If you want the results to be sorted by date, then I suggest that the first part of the string be in the format YYYY-MM-DD.

Then use a Combined text summary field on the relationship to float up the appointment details to the Patient.  Then use a formula like this to convert it to a vertical list.

SearchAndReplace(ToText([My Combined Text Summary Field]), " ; ", "\n")

Then look that up down to Procedure Authorization.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      HunterCollins
      Qrew Member
      Thank you so much!

Hunter Collins
      HunterCollins
      Qrew Member
      Everything is working beautifully except the formula to convert to vertical list. Am I putting it in the wrong place?

Hunter Collins