Forum Discussion

KetkiGanpule1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Drilldown Report not displaying correctly

I am noticed something off with summary reports. When I click on the number in the summary report, the drilldown report shows fewer records than what is on the summary report. when I go to customize the drilldown report, I see some additional filters being automatically added and some of these filters seem repetitive. Any idea what might be going on?

------------------------------
Ketki Ganpule

4 Replies

• A drill down target report should never have any filters.

So locate the drill down target report in your list of report and get rid of all the filters. When you actually drill down from the summary report the temporary report that is used for the drill down target will have all the correct filters added according to where you drilled from the summary report. 

The point is that the drill down target report should never be filtered.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KetkiGanpule1
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Mark! I did notice that the drilldown report had some additional filters and I removed them. It did work!

However, I am still noticing that when I place that report on a dashboard and try to click on a number, the drilldown report is not taking into account all the filters applied to that report.

For example, my report is grouped by Rows - "assigned to" and Columns - "Status" and has 2 filters - "Status = In Process" and "Case Type" not equal to a particular category. The summary report shows the numbers correctly and applies both the filters above, but when this summary report is placed on a dashboard and I click on the number, it only looks at the first filter for Status. Not sure why?

Ketki Ganpule
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I think that if you could prove that to Support they would consider that to be a bug. So I suggest you put in a support ticket.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com