Forum Discussion

DanielFuhriman
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Duration formula that only counts Monday-Saturday, excludes Sundays.

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew a duration formula that only counts Monday- Saturday, excluding Sundays? I am aware of the formula WeekdaySub that counts only weekdays. 

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Dan

------------------------------
Daniel Fuhriman

6 Replies

• Just for clarity, you don't mean duration, right?  You mean to count the number of days between two dates based on your 6 day week?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanielFuhriman
      Qrew Member
      Yes. I am working on an app that tracks time off request. We are wanting to know what the difference is between two dates excluding Sundays.

I am not sure if this is possible or not, but to complicate matters worst. The manager only wants to count Saturdays off as a half a day. If this 2nd step is not do able, the first request is fine.

Daniel Fuhriman
        BlakeHarrison
        Qrew Captain
        So, just for clarity, WeekdaySub is a function, not a formula in and of itself. A formula would be how you end up using that - or other - functions to perform your calculation.

For your example, you'll need to do several different calculations to come up with your final solution. If you're using this as part of Time Off calculations, I have to think there would be a better/easier way. Can you put up a screen-shot of your request form and explain a bit more about what this calculation is supposed to represent? Maybe we can figure out an alternative solution.

Blake Harrison
        bharrison@datablender.io
        DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
        Atlanta GA
        404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/