Forum Discussion

JennasonQuick_B
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Dynamic Column Filtering

Just want to get thoughts on the current column filtering in the new table report:

Example 1:  When viewing a table report,  if I filter by Column A I notice that the selections in other column filters do not dynamically update

Example 2:  From a summary pie chart, upon clicking one slice I drill down to the same table report, with Column A filtered (same as was done in Example 1), but then the selection in other columns do dynamically filter.

Example 2 makes sense to me-  curious more about Example 1 and if other folks see the benefit of having the other column selections dynamically filter.  (or if I'm missing something and this is already possible somehow)

Thanks

------------------------------
Jennason Quick Base Admin

1 Reply

• Dynamic filters have never dynamically changed based on the user selecting a choice.  So that would be a User Voice enhancement request.  There would likely be performance implications as the system would need to dynamically re-query all the records in the filtered report to determine the valid choices for the other filters, so that could be a lot of processing on a large report.  So it's not an easy ask.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com