Forum Discussion

JeffreyWeide
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Dynamic Dropdown Lists

I am curious if there is any way to make dynamic dropdown lists for a field based on criteria. For example, our roster has a status for staff so we can see who is active or inactive. However, when pulling names from the roster, it shows all (to include inactive). Any advice? Thanks!

------------------------------
Jeffrey Weide

3 Replies

• If you have a relationship it's No Problem. 

Just make a report that you would like to use as your drop down list which is filtered and with the correct columns.  Then set the FORM Properties to use that report for the drop down list instead of the "Record Picker".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JeffreyWeide
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you, Mark. I guess I didn't realize that option was there until I just looked. Works like a charm.

Jeffrey Weide
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        You did not ask this question but there is also a way to have what's called a conditional drop down.

So conceptually you would choose say a division of a company and then the list of employees being offered in the next drop down field would be conditionally dependent on only offering up employees who belong to the company that were selected in the previous drop down field.    That is done on the actual relationship but it's quite powerful because it can dynamically limit the drop-down list to potentially just a small set of records relevant to the user out of thousands and it happens dynamically on the live form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com