Forum Discussion

JoeAbreu1
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Dynamic Form Rules - Display Message Not Working

Hello,

I created a dynamic form rule that says that when a Termination Date field is on before 45 days in the future, to display a message. However, the message does not display in either edit or view mode. 

Am I missing something here? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am expecting that I would see a pop up message whenever I click into a record in either view or edit mode.

I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

------------------------------
Joe Abreu

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    In the record there is a date in this field already? Or are you entering the date new and saving it?

You will need to be entering the date for that message to trigger. If it is already contained in the field and not newly entered data it will not trigger the message.

A better system might be to instead create a notification or subscription that is sent out to you each day or week that lets you know when a users medical license is about to expire. Or just a report that you check weekly that does the same thing. Whatever works for you.

That or maybe a formula rich text field that displayed in large red letters that the license was expired, but then you would still need to click in to the record to see it.
      JoeAbreu1
      Qrew Member
      Thanks Austin, that was helpful. The data was already contained in the field. Seems like the notification or subscription method will be way to go on this.

Joe Abreu
      JoeAbreu1
      Qrew Member
      Austin,

How would I use the Rich Text Field to do what you recommended? Would it be done through a formula?

Joe Abreu