Forum Discussion

AnjaliMadas
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Dynamic form rules apply to Imports?

Do form rules apply to Imports? If they don't, what's an alternative option to achieve the same results?

3 Replies

AnjaliMadas
      Qrew Member
      So, one of my form rules, for example, checks if a field value is negative and aborts save with a pop-up message. Is that achievable using Quick Base actions?
  • Hi Anjali,

Form rules would not apply to an import of records from a CSV or through the API. Form rules only work specifically when a record is added or edited within the form view on Quick Base. They also do not apply to records being edited via grid edit. Automations can be set up to do some similar functions to form rules but the type of interaction you are looking for isn't possible. There isn't an automation or native function to abort a save and pop up a warning message like that on a value in a mass import. We recommend that data be cleaned and prepped before it is uploaded if records with those values aren't desired. I'm sorry there isn't a native function I can recommend for that. 

If you feel this would be a beneficial feature in Quick Base, I would encourage you to submit feedback regarding this via our Feedback Platform - UserVoice - Which can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com .  This forum is used by our development team to explore customer suggestions for enhancements / changes to the platform. Many of the items that have been suggested by customers have already been incorporated into Quick Base and I would encourage you to participate as well. Thank you very much for your time today.