Forum Discussion

WilliamHunter
Qrew Trainee
9 months ago

Dynamically filter list

I feel I may have seen this on here before, but I can not recall where. Is it possible to dynamically filter a list? For example if I only want to see foreman in a list, is this possible. If so how? 

------------------------------
William Hunter

6 Replies

• I assume you mean a drop down on a form. Just make a report with the correct filter and set the form to use that report.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

WilliamHunter
      Qrew Trainee

Negative, I certainly should have added some more information in there though. I mean for a formula-user-list field. Please see the attached photos, but I want to make it filter itself by foreman and supervisors, a role I have added to the user, dynamically so we do not have add/remove reps as they come and go. Is this possible? 

William Hunter
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Are you saying to have the foreman and supervisor user lists filter as an Active list of employees? Your comment refers to a formula-list-user but that wouldn't have a list as its a formula. 

If you're referring to the Foreman and Supervisor lists though - you're better off using an 'Employees' table - where you can manage an employee roster from there. One of the fields would be the employee 'User' and an 'Active' Checkbox that you uncheck when someone leaves your organization. Then you would create relationships between the Employees Table, one for Foreman and one for Supervisor. You would then have those dropdowns on the form filter to only show 'Active' Employees from your roster. 

Chayce Duncan