Forum Discussion

BrianDunk
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Editing Drilldown Reports

I have an application that has 3 different forms based on the data necessary.  When the form is submitted a field is changed to the type of data entered, "Flyer Request", "Rep Sample", and "Project Worksheet".  Based on this I can then create reports on each type of form submitted.  I just created a Summary type report to display the amount of each of the three type of submissions that were submitted in the past week. 

When I run the report the summary works fine, however when I click on one of the form types to show a "Drilldown" report it shows me fields that have nothing to do with form submitted. 

How can I adjust the fields displayed based on the type of form that is clicked on in the Summary report?

------------------------------
Brian Dunk

8 Replies

• So your issue is you want to control the drill down based on where the user drills and drill into a completely different report.

There is a cheat for this. If you make a hyperlink with those words and the hyperlink goes to an <ask the user> report where you answer the question then you can direct the user to go where you want.

not tested , but the Rich Text formula would look like this

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid()  & "?a=q&qid=99&v0=" & [Survey Name];

var text Words = [Survey_Name];

"<a href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

When you click that link it is just going to run a report and it is not going to respect any of the filters that you have in your summary report. So it's up to you to make sure that the filters on the URL for the hyperlink match the filters on your summary report.  

In order to make this work you need to create a table report with an ask the user question for the survey name. Where I have the 99 you need to replace that with the QID of your report.

Note that while you were making an <ask the user>  report the user will not need to answer the question.  The answer to the question is already baked into the URL above. 

Give 'er a try and LMK how it works for you.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BrianDunk
      Qrew Cadet

Hi Mark,   couple clarifications:

1. Can you explain your instructions more in detail " If you make a hyperlink with those words and the hyperlink goes to an <ask the user> report where you answer the question then you can direct the user to go where you want."
        • Am I creating a new "Rich Text" Formula field named "Flyer Request Form" 

Code with my report qid:

var text URL = URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()  & "?a=q&qid=190&v0=" & [Survey_Name];

What do I do with this field?

Brian Dunk
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

This field will be your Group by on the Summary report instead of the current field which is [Survey_Form].  Now I guess I left something out of my example because in fact you need three different URLs to drill into.

var text FlyerURL = URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid()  & "?a=q&qid=97&v0=" & [Survey Name];

var text ProjectURL = URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid()  & "?a=q&qid=98&v0=" & [Survey Name];

var text RepURL = URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid()  & "?a=q&qid=99&v0=" & [Survey Name];

var text URL = IF(

Begins([Survey_Name], "Flyer"),    $FlyerURL,

Begins([Survey_Name], "Project"), $ProjectURL,

Begins([Survey_Name], "Rep"),      $RepURL);

So you will need to create three <ask the user> reports which have have dummied in a qid 97, 98 and 99 which have the correct fields for each type of Survey Form.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com