Forum Discussion

DanayaBryant
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Email Button On Form - To Not Include PHI

Our organization often has to email our contacts regarding a request they have put in.  Ideally, one would suggest using the native Quick Base email button, however, I had to disable this button for our group due to PHI (protected health information) being shared when using the native button.

After reading through a few other posts here, I don't know that I'm finding what I'm looking for.  My use case is to simply have a button on my form that a user can click to send an email regarding the record they are viewing.  Some of our points of contacts have access to the application and others don't.  The email address it would go to will either be the email address listed in the embedded Contacts child table on the form or the record owner.

Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------
Danaya Bryant
Business Analyst
The van Halem Group
Atlanta GA

6 Replies

• Let's start with the basics.
    Are you looking to trigger a native email Notification?

Or perhaps you want to trigger the users native email client (like gmail or Outlook) to populate an email compose screen with the  TO, and SUBJECT and BODY filled in and have the user just send a normal email, but with a helpful start by having their email mostly composed for them.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanayaBryant
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark!  I think that's the tricky part to answer.  A native email notification seems to work for our contacts who have access to the application.  While on the other hand, triggering the users native email client would be great for the ones who don't, that we need to send an email to...so I'm guessing both would sort of be needed.  Thoughts?

Danaya Bryant
      Business Analyst
      The van Halem Group
      Atlanta GA
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Are you aware that a native email notification set to Type open when you are first building the notification can go to any email address even if they are not users?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com