Forum Discussion

AnthonyFord
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Email List

I have a contacts list that include email addresses. I am attempting to create an email distribution using this field. The envelop icon at the bottom of the list is unresponsive when I select it. Do I need to create some type of integration for this to communicate with Outlook?

6 Replies

• ... it works for me for Outlook and gmail webmail.  There is not supposed to be any configuration in Quick Base itself, except that your browser does need to know what default email client to use.
  • How long is the list? If it's a lot of emails, I'm told Chrome and other browsers won't trigger your email to open. It works for smaller lists, but I need a way to make it work with a long list. Is there a third-party solution?

------------------------------
    Steve Hanson
  • Any solution to this? I'm sure companies use QuickBase to email lots of people.

Steve Hanson
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

Export the email list to excel, and then copy paste from excel to your email client. 

But you will need to check the limits of the email client. At some point it will exceed the limits and you will need to use a service like constant contact or mail chimp. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        SteveHanson
        Qrew Trainee

Thanks, Mark. We've been doing this, but we communicate daily with large groups of people and this is process quite cumbersome. I'm wondering if there is a third-party app that could do this or if we could manage the data in QuickBase and create a synced cloud file with the lists. Still not the best solution, but it would save a few steps in that we wouldn't have to export it each time.

I have a hard time thinking there isn't a way QuickBase can generate an email to a large list of customers.

Steve