Forum Discussion

AndrewFry
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago
Solved

Embedded reports: not showing correctly

I have two tables: Jobs < Assignments.

Within the Assignments table, I have 4 different reports setup, they all have slightly different columns selected:
  • Assignments (default)
  • Assignments - Jobs Form - Add
  • Assignments - Jobs Form - Edit
  • Assignments - Jobs Form - View

In the Jobs table I have 3 different fields, all setup as Report Links, where the Source Field is "Jobs:Job ID#" (this is the Unique Record #) and the Target Field is "Assignments:Related Job".
  • Assignments Add
  • Assignments Edit
  • Assignments View
In the Jobs form, I customized the form so that the three fields display the related assignments directly on the job form (i.e. embedded), and I based each one off of the corresponding Assignments report, e.g. the Jobs field "Assignments Add" points to the "Assignments - Jobs Form - Add" report from the Assignments table.

I also changed the "Display when this form is used for" to the corresponding purpose: View for view, Add for add, and Edit for Edit.

I check the "Editable" box for Add and Edit, but left it unchecked for View.

My goal is that depending on which mode I am in  (add, edit, view), I will have the corresponding Assignments table Report show embedded in the Jobs form.

It works for View, but for Add and Edit I am just getting the default Assignments report, with all of the columns.

I can't figure out why it is not showing the correct report for the Add and Edit modes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

​​​

------------------------------
Andrew
andrew.fry25@gmail.com
  • OK, so you meant
    I just tested it and yes, the correct reports are now showing in the different modes (add, edit, & view).

That was a good clue, that this is only a Grid edit problem.

Can you check if you have Multiple forms, and if so, in Forms Usage, you have globally for all Roles or for some Roles to set a certain form to be used for Grid Edit?   Or less likely but possible, to have done an override for the reports you are using to force a certain from for Grid Edit? 

When you do that it performs as advertised, it will use that form as the definition of the fields to show in Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

11 Replies

• To help debug .. if you uncheck Editable does the correct report display?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AndrewFry
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I just tested it and yes, the correct reports are not showing in the different modes (add, edit, & view).

However, in add and edit, now I cannot input data into the Assignment fields.

The Assignment reports are embedded in the Jobs form.

There are certain Assignment fields in Edit mode (while in the job form) that I don't need in Add or View mode (while in the job form), and there are certain fields in View mode (while in the job form) that I don't need in Edit or Add mode (while in the job form), and the same goes with while in Add mode not showing in Edit or View mode.

For every solution I find, there always seems to be 2 additional issues that emerge!! hahahaha lol

Any thoughts?

Andrew
      andrew.fry25@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        OK, so you meant
        I just tested it and yes, the correct reports are now showing in the different modes (add, edit, & view).

That was a good clue, that this is only a Grid edit problem.

Can you check if you have Multiple forms, and if so, in Forms Usage, you have globally for all Roles or for some Roles to set a certain form to be used for Grid Edit?   Or less likely but possible, to have done an override for the reports you are using to force a certain from for Grid Edit? 

When you do that it performs as advertised, it will use that form as the definition of the fields to show in Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com