Forum Discussion

MuhammadGhazali
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Exporting Embedded Documents in Export Report Results

Hi Folks,
Relatively new user of QB, Hopefully there's a simple workaround to this scenario:
I have a table with with embedded documents  in one of the fields. Quite often I need to export data out from this table with 'Export as Spreadsheet' feature. I want to export those actual documents as embedded objects in  Excel spreadsheet instead of a link or reference. I wonder if there's any easy way to do this.
Thanks in advance.
-Muhammad Ghazali

------------------------------
Muhammad Ghazali

1 Reply

• Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, there isn't a native tool to allow you to export that embedded documents table as the spreadsheets directly with the documents as actual embedded objects. The storage of those documents is separate and instead a link is provided to where they are located and can be retrieved for someone with the right credentials. Being able to pull out those documents directly would require some custom coding or an add on. It is possible one of the community members might have a suggestion about how you can achieve this and we do have Partners that make add ons to help simplify the process of managing file attachments. I'm sorry there isn't a simple way I can point you to in this instance with QB.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base