Forum Discussion

JessicaMatenga
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Exporting reports with converted date

Hi
Is there a way to export reports from QB with a converted date format dd-mm-yyyy?

Currently the report shows -
Month Name - dd - yyyy

But when I export the Report it converts the date to mm-dd-yyyy

------------------------------
Jessica Matenga

4 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    You could build the date you want as a text field formula to achieve this I think. Since you want text in the date this might be the only way. If I am understanding you right you would like it to be exported as JUL-28-2021.
      JessicaMatenga
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Austin
      I would like it to be simple date - dd/mm/yyyy

Jessica Matenga
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        I am a little confused here. From your initial post it sounded like the issue was it was in the format of Name-dd-yyyy and when exporting it you were receiving it in mm-dd-yyyy which was not the desired effect. 

Is the format you want dd-mm-yyyy then or do you want dd/mm/yyyy? How is it currently showing up when exporting it?

When you go to the properties of the date field do you have "show month as name" checked?
  • You can also change your excel settings. If you highlight your date column and format the date properties (easy shortcut is to click the little arrow on the bottom right of the 'Number' section on the Home Tab), you have multiple options of how to show the date. I think you can either select a format with the entire month name, date, year, or also abbreviated month (but no year)

Mike Tamoush