Forum Discussion

DianeSinawi1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Field URL link only displays in new/recent records, but not older existing records

Last week I added a new field to a table form - its a URL field and the link opens a new browser tab displaying a png file located in another table in the same app. I have it selected so a button shows with the link, and its not editable (view only) for all roles.

Its working fine when adding a new record, or when viewing/editing records added after I created the field. But older records are not displaying the link button.

Any ideas why? Appreciate any help you can give!

------------------------------
Diane Sinawi

2 Replies

• This appears to be a fixed link the same for all records which is a data entry field.   If that is the case you want to use a formula field. Right now you simply have a field that defaults for new records going forward.    A formula field, of course, will affect all records and not just new records.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DianeSinawi1
      Qrew Member
      Thank you, I changed the field and it worked. Now I understand that a regular URL field does not include existing records because normally its used to allow users to enter a URL, not for what I'm trying to do. Thanks for your help!

Diane Sinawi