Forum Discussion

BretBerta
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Filter a table report based on value in another table

I've got 2 tables, Projects and Resources.  

In my projects table I have many fields, of which one is called Segment, which is supposed to identify a market segment with which the project belongs to.

In my resources table, I list users and the Segments for which they are responsible.

What I'm trying to accomplish is creating a report of Projects where the Current User can only see the projects to which Segment they are assigned in the Resources table.

I've tried relating the tables both directions but can't seem to get the filter to show any records, let alone the right ones.

I'm trying to avoid setting up multiple roles.

3 Replies

• Can you explain this a bit more

In my resources table, I list users and the Segments for which they are responsible.  What does a single resource assignment look like in terms of the Assignment to a Segment.  Is the Resource assignment to just 1 Segment or multiple segments on that record.
  • A resource is assigned to a single Segment.  In my Segments table there is literally only 2 fields, User and Segment.
  • Please disregard, I figured out I had to change the key in my Resources table to the User and link via the Current User and it worked.  Thanks.