Forum Discussion

RobinWosje
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Filter in Report using Time Period Filter

Hi! Our company has two week time periods. Thanks to this community, I was able to figure out how to create a simple Time Period Formula as follows: FirstDayOfPeriod([Date], Weeks(2), Date(2021,5,19)), but then when I use it to try and filter in the report, I am struggling.

Right now, I just put in the start date of the period and the end date of the period (see below), but this would, of course, require us to go into the report every new pay period and adjust the dates. How do I automate the report so that it always pulls up the current time period?

Thank you in advance!

Robin

------------------------------
Robin Wosje

6 Replies

• no problem.

Just make a formula checkbox field called [Date is in the Current Period?] 

FirstDayOfPeriod(Today(), Weeks(2), Date(2021,5,19)) = FirstDayOfPeriod([Date], Weeks(2), Date(2021,5,19))

In other words if the first day of the period of today matches the first day of the period of the particular date field then the date field must be in the same time period as today.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RobinWosje
      Qrew Member
      I think I did it! THANK YOU!!

I guess my only question is that QB will continue to count 2 weeks (since it is a period formula) for the next pay period, right? The 5/19/2021 date is just where it starts, but it will keep updating as we get into the new 2 week period. 

Here is my screenshot:

Robin Wosje
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Yes, it will continue to work as time marches on and we fall into the Next "current" Payroll period.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RickPutnam
      Qrew Cadet
      Came to the forum looking for an answer to a similar question today. I suspected there would be a perfect Mark Shnier response if I just looked hard enough.

Thanks again for your contributions to this forum, Mark.

Rick Putnam