Forum Discussion

RajkumarYadav
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Filter report based on Multiple-Choice Dropdown fields

Hi,

I have 8 Multiple-Choice Dropdown lists and i want to filter the report based on Multiple-choice dropdown values selected for the 8 columns in that report after clicking on custom SEARCH Button.

Eg. If user selected option 10 from dropdown then filter report based on 10 selected value.
If user selected option 11 and 12 from two dropdowns, then filter report based on 10 & 11 values on those two columns.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

• The closest native option I know of is to create an "ask the user" report (see here for details: https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/selection_criteria_prompt.html), and build your SEARCH button to access the report's URL with the selection values inserted into the search terms.

i.e. I grabbed a copy of the ABC Project Manager 3 app from the Exchange, then created a new report on the Tasks table with a single filter stating "Task Name is equal to <ask the user>", then saved the report. If I search for the term "Prototype" the URL generated is https://team.quickbase.com/db/bpfewjcn2?a=q&qid=59&nv=1&v0=Prototype. The nv=1 indicates how many search terms there are for the report, and the v0= and subsequent v1=, v2=, etc. if there are additional search terms correspond to each search field.

You could build a formula URL button to display your multiple choice values like this: URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=q&qid=YY&nv=ZZ&v0=" & [MultipleChoiceField1] & "&v1=" & [MultipleChoiceField2] & "&v2=" & [MultipleChoiceField3] and so on, with YY being your report number and ZZ being the number of search terms you have.
      RajkumarYadav
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks Eric Mohlman for your response i'm familier with this only the issue i'm facing is that after "Ask the user" it redirect to another page. But i want the "Ask the user" and resulted page on the same page. Can you give some idea how to do this.