Forum Discussion

MichaelBuller
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Filtering based on the count of a particular field

I'm trying to filter a pie chart to only show where there is more than one instance. The pie chart shows the number of articles that appear in each journal, but I want to exclude journals where # of articles is 1 (or less than 2)

Journal is a field

Article is a field 

The pie chart is using # of articles for data values. 

------------------------------
Michael Buller

3 Replies

• You should be able to add a filter in the report settings for "where Articles is less than 2".

If Articles are a child of the Journal record, then you first need to make a summary field for # of Articles, and then add the filter using this field.

This will filter all of the data going into the delicious pie chart.

gary
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Michael,

It sounds like you are doing the pie chart off the articles table. I think what Garry is suggesting is to instead do the same pie chart but do it off the journals table.  We are assuming here that you have a relationship where one journal has many articles. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MichaelBuller
        Qrew Member

Ah thanks. Right now, it's set up as only one table and within the Articles table, I have an article and an journal field.

Setting up a Journals table would make sense.

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline .

Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted).  If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately.  Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.