Forum Discussion

SorenYoung
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Filters when connecting a table to another app

When using filters to limit the types of records that are migrated between two connected apps, is it possible to apply a filter such as (A OR B OR C OR D) AND F?  It seems like I am only able to use conditions connected by either an AND or OR operators, unlike when filtering a report, where you can essentially place parentheses around sets of conditions.

One of  my apps contains tables for Client, Task, and Task Type.  Client is parent for Task, and Task is parent for Task Type.  I am connecting to an app built specifically for one of my clients and want to bring over all records that have one of three Task Types and are associated with this particular client.  I have been able to pull all records with one of those three Task Types or all records associated with the client, but not the two combined.  Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Soren Young

1 Reply

• No problem.

Just  make a formula checkbox fields called [OK to copy to Connected App] and make as complicated a formula as you like. Then filter the table connection on that simple field. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com