Forum Discussion

CIAdmin
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Find where reports are embedded, when they're used

Hello,

As I've been building my app up, I've been making lots of relationships and trying out different things with reports, and now I have a lot of reports that I don't use anymore. It's a little difficult sometimes to determine if the report is still being used on a form due to different forms for different roles, dynamic form rules that may show or hide a report, etc.

Is there anything in Quick Base that can show you where a report is being embedded if you are not looking at that form specifically?

Also, when you look at the reports and charts for a table and see the "Used Count," what does that refer to? Is it any time someone viewed that report, including embedded?

Thank you!

------------------------------
Brian

2 Replies

• Whenever I make use of one of those "Embedded for" reports on a form I ALWAYS rename it like

Used on Customer

So I know that it is used on the Customer form.

I typically don't worry about the extra clutter of those Embedded for report, but when I go to delete a field, then I know that if its only used on an "embedded for",  then it is  not really used.

I know that does not directly answer your question but it might help going forward.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CIAdmin
      Qrew Member
      Thank you for the tips!

Brian