Forum Discussion

JeremyCohen
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Force Edit Record from Kanban Change?

Good Morning,
I am looking for a way to force the user to have to edit a record based upon a Kanban change.  

For instance:

I move the record from the "In Process" column to a "Completed" column if in the form it will require additional fields to be filled out.  Is there a way to direct the user to the form when a record is moved via Kanban.

Thank you for any help!

------------------------------
Jeremy Cohen

2 Replies

• Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to force that kind of behavior on a Kanban report to redirect the user to a specific form based on moving a record to a new category. It is possible someone might have a custom built solution for that though here on the community they can recommend. 

If being able to do this would be helpful for your use of Quick Base I would suggest adding it as a request to our User Voice. User Voice is a tool our product development team uses to track interest in new features and enhancements that our users are interested in. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. If you do end up adding a new post I would suggest adding a link to it here so that other users who share your need can add their vote. Thank you Jeremy and have a great day

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
  • Sounds like you need a Formula URL with an If statement,

If([Status]=Completed,domain.quickbase.com/db/[DBID]a?=er&rid=[record ID]&dfid=[Completed Form ID],null)

How you present that button to the user is up to you, not sure if you can pop it into the Kanban report. Alternatively, if the users have a "Work Queue", you can make the button available in one of their reports.

just remember you will need this specific form in the table you want them to enter data into, less you want a completed form table.
    GMacri