Forum Discussion

JenniferJuhasz
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Form building : Conditional form that repeats a form?

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is possible in Quickbase at all - but I figured if anyone would know, someone on here does.

I need to build a form where there's something like a repeating section of the form based on the # of communities you need to report on; and then when you press submit it creates multiple records.

One way I see building something like this is to have an upper 'header' section where the user says the # of communities they are reporting on:

"How many communities are you reporting on?" ___

Based on their answer, a second form is then loaded multiple times with the remaining questions they need to complete.  I'm wondering if this is possible using conditional formatting?
------
Another possible way to build this would be:
1) Complete a header section and the '1st' community
2) Have 'submit' button options at the bottom - one that reads: "Submit and Close" which submits the form and closes the form completely; the other button being "Submit and Enter another community" - and then reloads the form, but with Section 1 already populated based on their previous entry with the same two button options at the end of the form; both will 'save' their record before proceeding to another form.

Is this possible, do you think?  

Thank you!

Jen
​​​

------------------------------
Jennifer Juhasz
FamilySmart
BC, Canada

5 Replies

• Well, you can have a form with say 10 sections for your reporting on up to 10 different communities. Then you can have 10 form rules that show each of the 10 sections based on the answer to how many communities are being reported on.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniferJuhasz
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark,

So - in this case, each community would represent a unique field in the table; versus a drop-down list of communities in a single field?

Jennifer Juhasz
      FamilySmart
      BC, Canada
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Well you could have 10 relationships and then in each of the 10 sections of the form you could pull in a drop-down list of which community that little section is reporting on.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com