Forum Discussion

BobJones
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Form with 1000+ fields, what are best practices?

I am currently maintaining an already created table with a form that has over 1000 field elements. There is a transaction list section within the form that has the potential to be 100 unique transactions, each with 10 fields/columns that get imported via an excel file. As a result there are 1000+ dynamic form rules that affect the conditional fields of that sections. 

From my understanding if I wanted to add 3 new field elements I would have to add 300+ new elements and dynamic form rules manually one-by-one.

What is the best practice when it comes to forms of this size? Is there an alternative way to handle thousands of dynamic rules via formulas or other means?

------------------------------
Bob Jones

2 Replies

• Can you redesign the app to bring in those 100 transactions as a child table?  That would be the "Best Practice"

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BobJones
      Qrew Member

I mainly want to avoid hundreds of duplicate form elements and dynamic form rules to increase the maintainability of it, those take up 95% of the fields so a child table would still have the hundreds of rules unfortunately.

Is there some code that can be written or an alternative to duplicate rules that can be condensed down?

Bob Jones