Forum Discussion

ChadChad
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Forms (Editing records) Need to give user option to select specific Records to update Status

I have two tables. 

Parent ? Container Management

Child  - Container Status.

Location Table

User Group ? Tied to Location table by user

I have a form on the Parent table where users can only enter records for their location

I have a webhook that pushes the initial status to the child table.

Where I?m having a hard time:

I currently have it setup to where my users edit in Grid mode but that?s not very user friendly on mobile devices..

I want to change to where they can edit from the form only

1.       User selects location (Or it automatically knows based on their login/role based on another table.

2.       It only lets them select from dropdown of containers that are still in Active status for their location

3.       Allows them to update the status and a few other new fields based on that status.

1 Reply

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    It appears that you are sending back the 'most recent' status update back to the Container. 

There are a few ways to handle this, but I might suggest using an "Action".

Give them a "Status" dropdown on the container, then whenever that status changes.  Fire the action to create the "status log".  Then they can update the info right from the container and you can apply the filtering needed to only show the 'active' ones.

Alternatively, based on your ability to use formula-urls and some small code, you can make the status changes be a 'button click'.
    Even causing it to open as a pop-up window works too.

Finally, if mobile is not your friend you can make an html page that allows the same functions of grid edit, but are mobile responsive.