Forum Discussion

MICHAELSARGENT
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Formula - Text Field Issue

Formula - Text Code:

If(
Trim([Gate 5 - Results Readout - Governance Status])<>"",[Gate 5 - Results Readout - Governance Status],
Trim([Gov Status Summary Gate 4])<>"Pending","Gate 4 Approved",
Trim([Gate 3 - Final Business Case Approval - Governance Status])<>"",[Gate 3 - Final Business Case Approval - Governance Status],
Trim([Gate 2 - Customer / Frontline - Governance Status])<>"Not Yet Reviewed (Gate 2)",[Gate 2 - Customer / Frontline - Governance Status],
Trim([Gate 1 - Size Dev Impacts - Governance Status])<>"Submitted/Not Yet Review (Gate 1)",[Gate 1 - Size Dev Impacts - Governance Status],
Trim([Gate 0 - Approval to Begin - Governance Status])<>"",[Gate 0 - Approval to Begin - Governance Status],"Submitted, Not Yet Reviewed (Gate 0)")

Issue:

Returning nothing.  I figured at minimum it should return the last text of "Submitted, Not Yet Reviewed (Gate 0)".  But, it's not.  The fields in brackets are multiple choice fields.  What am I doing wrong?

------------------------------
MICHAEL SARGENT

3 Replies

• Hello. I think it is necessary have if nested. When the condition is false you need write if(....

Similar to excel ifFormula

Marcelo Benavides Torres 

MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      I reviewed your formula and it looks valid to me  You do not need to have nested IFs like Excel.

Is there any chance that any of these fields are involved in a circular relationship, a self referential relationship?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MICHAELSARGENT
        Qrew Cadet
        The formula was actually working perfectly. The gate 2 field was supposed to have a default value.  However, we never edited records predating when we changed the field to have a default value.  So, many records had nothing in the gate 2 field.  And since gate 2 <> "Not Yet Reviewed (Gate 2)", it passed no value to the formula field.  Once i figured out the mistake and edited the records to have the default value, et. voila, everything worked.  Thank you!

MICHAEL SARGENT