Forum Discussion

JenniferPeterso
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Formula Checkbox to Handle an Either Or Criteria

I am trying to setup a workflow trigger to tell the users when a report package is ready for the next phase. We've added an optional task in that process for when there are revisions that need to be done between the reviews. So, I need to know when one or both tasks (if it exists) are completed before signaling that the next stage should begin.

This is an example of the single task formula I am currently using in a Checkbox Field.

If([# of Completed 1st Reviews]>0, true, false)

How would I get the same thing to happen if it needed to also check for the 1st Revisions task? There is a field on the record that says the 1st Revisions task is needed.

Parent Record is Reports, Child Record Tasks, and "# of ____" fields are summary fields on the Parent records. ​

------------------------------
Jennifer Peterson

2 Replies

• try thus

If([# of Completed 1st Reviews]>0 and [# of Completed other task summary counts] >0,  true)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JenniferPeterso
      Qrew Member
      Didn't quite get me there, but helped me figure it out.

I created a summary field of those tasks, and said that if the summary of the tasks equaled the summary of the completed tasks to return the true value.

Example: If([# of Final Report Reviews/Revisions]=[# of Completed Final Report Reviews/Revisions], true, false)

Jennifer Peterson