Forum Discussion

JoshHowell
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Formula to count reports

Hello all,

I'm new to QuickBase and I wanted to use a function to count the number of like reports and tally them versus each group.

So i have a report that has columns that are pretty generic like Date Created; Record ID# etc. I also have one for "Area" and that tells me which team is related to that report. I have 6 different groups under Area and want to total and display the number of each at the bottom of my report.

So in the report under Area I'll have 6 distinct groups that will cover upwards of 38 individual reports. I'd like to know the count of XXX; YYY; NNN etc and display the total of each so I can see the entirety of what I have. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

------------------------------
Josh Howell
    DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Josh,

Are you using the work 'report' to mean two different things?

In your first sentence you said  'count the number of like reports and tally them'

In the beginning of paragraph two you said ' I have a report that has columns '

Is the first instance the name of field in a table or are you trying to see how many times you have used the field [Area] in a report?  

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
      JoshHowell
      Qrew Member

Good morning Don,

I have a report that contains Report Columns.

In the Area column I want to count the number of instances of specific data there.

So the Area column will contain 6 different variables. I'd like to count the number of occurrences for each.

So say one point of data within the Area Column is Customer and the other is Carrier. I may have multiple results of Customer and Carrier. I'd like to know how many times Customer appears in the Area column versus Carrier by tallying those like occurrences together.

If that makes more sense?

Thank you!

Josh Howell
      Business Analyst, Integrations

COYOTE
      A UPS Company

T: 773.365.6869 ex: 4919
      F: 773.365.8504

E: Josh.Howell@coyote.com

1702 W. Fort Street, Suite 300, Detroit, MI 48216
      www.coyote.com

------Original Message------

Josh,

Are you using the work 'report' to mean two different things?

In your first sentence you said  'count the number of like reports and tally them'

In the beginning of paragraph two you said ' I have a report that has columns '

Is the first instance the name of field in a table or are you trying to see how many times you have used the field [Area] in a report?  

Don Larson
      Paasporter
      Westlake OH