Forum Discussion

ColinBurns
Qrew Member
2 months ago

Formula to Pull a single record field from another table.

I am trying to build a formula that pulls a single record via a unique field, I want to pull just a single field regardless if there are several records that match my search query. My current formula's I am trying are;

GetFieldValues(GetRecordByUniqueField([Record ID#], 7, [_DB_Alias]), 6) this formula fails as it sees a textlist from my understanding that is multiple records instead of a single record,

GetFieldValues(GetRecords("{7.EX.[Record ID#]}&options=num-1",[_DB_Alias]),6) this fails for the same reason as I am pulling multiple records via the GetRecords function but applied the limit of num-1 as an option.

Neither work and I would like to pull only a single record with a single field back using either of these functions.

------------------------------
Colin Burns

7 Replies

• Formula queries don't accept that kind of parameter to only bring back one record at this time. Your best best is to get the results you want and then do a Part([Res], 1, ";") to get the first occurrence in the response. 

Chayce Duncan
      ColinBurns
      Qrew Member

even if I changed the formula on top? A big reason why it fails is the relationship allows multiple records in this case Notes that are tied to the same record.

Colin Burns
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

The formula on top I imagine is using the Related value in your child record so it's still returning multiple matches I would imagine. The unique field pertains to your parent - not the children. Do you have a direct relationship between these tables? Can you just use a summary field to get the Max Record ID# of your child table and then use the formula query to target that specific record? 

Chayce Duncan