Forum Discussion

JamesCarr
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Formula URL for EOTI Only Works When Signed In

Greetings,

I had a formula URL in (let's call it) Table1 that adds a record to Table2 and then redirects to a corresponding record in Table3. Table2 and Table3 are setup for EOTI so users  who are not signed in can utilize the URL in question.

This was working perfectly fine until a few hours ago when I made changes. I added a couple of fields to Table2 and expanded the formula URL to accommodate them. Also, I updated how the formula was built to use a condition to determine whether or not to use API_AddRecord vs API_GenAddRecordForm. Now, the resulting URL only works when I am signed in.  I confirmed that Table2 and Table3 can still be seen without being signed in but, when I try the resulting formula URL it just takes me to a Google search for the URL itself.  I tried with the AddRecord URL and the GenAddRecordForm URL.  Again, they both work as designed when I am signed in but Google comes up for both when I am not signed in.

Any input on what happened and how to address this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

James

------------------------------
James Carr

1 Reply

• Figured it out. One of the field values I am sending to update Table2 with is a name (first and last ). I didn't have to use an URLEncode around that value before my changes described above. I was comparing links in browser history and before I could even line them up, I thought to try that and bingo! So, the url wasn't valid "enough", I guess, for users not signed in to work. Weird that it worked while signed in. #Shrugs #CaseClosed

James Carr