Forum Discussion

PeterGacek
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

I'm trying working within a pre-built CRM at my company and I need to figure out how to sync a table between a few different forms.

I've included some screen shots but I currently have a "Job Opportunity" Table that allows me to create a new opportunity and use/add a "Product" table within it that it has a table to table relationship with.

What I'm trying to do is when the user generates "Product" information from the "Add Product" on the Main opportunity tab, for that information to then show up in the layout request and eventually a quote request form I'm also working on.

So if I add a product on the Main tab when I then go to the layout request tab and add a new layout, that the product entered from the main tab is automatically generated on the layout request form so I'm not duplicating input.

Can anyone help?

------------------------------
Peter Gacek

17 Replies

• Perhaps all you need is to create a Report Link field field called [Report Link of Products] on your Layouts table.

Configure the field settings to match [Related Opportunity] on the left side with the [Related Opportunity] of the Products table (the right side).  When you go to select that field, watch out for the pop up blocker.

Then put that Report Link link field [Report Link of Products] on the layout form and use the form properties to "show records directly on the form".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PeterGacek
      Qrew Cadet

Hey Mark,

Appreciate the input, I've tried something like that and then tried exactly what you said but for the Products table on the right side of the Related Opportunity, I only have the option of selecting a field, I tried it with "Opportunities:Products" but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks again!

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Peter,

1. Are you configuring the Report Link field on the Layouts table?
        2. Did you select the field [Related Opportunity] on the left side.
        3. For the right side, did you navigate to your app and then locate and radio button select the [Related Opportunity] on the Products Table?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Can you describe the relationships between your tables?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      PeterGacek
      Qrew Cadet

Hey Mark,

I can do my best but I figured a picture might explain things a little better? Attached is a picture with  the table to table relationships within my CRM with everything stemming from Opportunities. Then I have Product with a relationship to layouts and to opportunities.

I've also included a screenshot of my opportunities page where the Product table is being used and my layout request form where I wanted the same information to sync.

Let me know if you need more for me and I'm a bit green to quickbase so apologies if this isn't exactly what you're asking. To make things a little more complicated, I'm actually working with a test-ground CRM so it's not even our real CRM so whatever I figure out I'll have to replicate eventually.