Forum Discussion

RaviSiddana
Qrew Trainee
10 months ago

Getting Single Report from Two Child Tables

in my parent table (Bank account) debits are coming from Bill Payment Table and credits are coming from Invoices payments receive table.

Currently i am getting two separate reports for debits and credits. I am willing to get single report from both the tables sorted by date wise.

Is there any way to do this?

Regards,

Ravi Siddana

------------------------------
Ravi Siddana

3 Replies

• In that situation, it's not possible to have a single report of records from two tables.

what I would do is make a third table, which will combine the first two. I would create a custom Keyfield, which would be a text field in the format.

Debit-123

Which would be a concatenation of either of the word, debit or credit, depending on the source table, and then I end, and then the record ID number of the source record. That way the key field will remain unique in the target table.

Then I would create two saved table to table imports, which would copy the records from each of the two Source tables into the combined table, merging on that Key Field.

then the question is, how would these two saved table to table imports be run. One option would be to create a formula URL button that would run the two imports and Land the user on the combined page. Or else there could be a pipeline set to run every hour.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RaviSiddana
      Qrew Trainee

Thank you for quick response. I also thought about the third table which includes records from both the tables. Using pipeline When ever we add record in either of the table, we will add record in the third table by copying the original data. I hope that works fine.

Ravi Siddana
        DonLarson
        Qrew Commander

Your other option is a reporting tool like PowerBI or Tableau.   They are not as friendly as a QB report but they are much more powerful and will let you build a report from as many tables as you wish.

Don Larson