Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Grid Edit Address Field, but view Combined address field

I saw an old thread on this, that didn't seem to have a solution. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution.

You can grid edit an address field if the report you are using includes each separate address subfield.

However, if you want to view the address as a singular field, but then grid edit the address, I do not think this is possible? It seems to me the way to do it would be to build a form, and then override settings by report, choosing that form.

The issue is you cannot put the individual address fields on a form.

Has anyone come up with a work around? The last thread suggested normal text fields on the grid edit form, then run a table to table import from those fields to the address subfields. I suppose I can have this import fire with every change of the dummy address fields, so that could work.

Wondering if there were any other ideas out there.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

1 Reply

• If you're looking at an Embedded report on a Form, you can use 2 instances of the Report Link. One being used for View, with a report with the entire Address field, the other being used for Add/Edit, that uses a report with the individual Address component fields.

If you're talking about a regular report, no, you don't have a lot of options. Generally speaking, if the users need to be able to do a Grid Edit and make changes to an Address field, I put in the Component Fields in that one report, but use the Address for all others.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quickbase Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/