Forum Discussion

HeatherBryant2
Qrew Assistant Captain
8 years ago

Grid Edit Address Field

Hello,

Any ideas on how to use the Address field in Grid Edit? 

My users need to load ~100 businesses to the app, including the address of the business. The Address subfields aren't available options to add to a Grid Edit form, and when Grid Editing a normal table report, the Address field stays intact (without the subfields) and is not editable. 

Thanks!

8 Replies

• In fact you can build a table report and select coumns of the individual address field components, and then Grid Edit
      HeatherBryant2
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Mark, do you have a trick for showing the Address field in View mode of the report and the sub fields in Grid Edit?
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      To answer this question, in fact you can make a form, yes a form that lists the field you want to use for Grid Edit. I took back to the name that form Grid Edit Form. .

And then in your forms usage you can specify that that form gets used for grid
      Edit on a particular report. Therefore when they go into Grid Edit mode, instead of seeing the combined address field, the users will see the individual address components.
      HeatherBryant2
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Hey Mark,
      I went to implement this in a new app and the sub fields aren't accessible on the form to create Grid Edit.

They were for sure last year, right? I'm not going crazy?
    HeatherBryant2
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Thanks Mark! I was trying to add to an existing report. This worked great. 
  • Is there any way to also include the search field so I can paste an address from somewhere else and have it populate the individual subfields automatically?