Forum Discussion

JennasonQuick_B
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Grid Edit with Multi-record option disabled

Here is my scenario-

I'd like to keep the multi-record option disabled on Table ABC for a particular role as that then hides the 'Search/Replace in these records option'    Disabling also takes away the ability to flip into Grid Edit mode for Table ABC's reports however.

I have one report in Table ABC that I'd like the role to be able to access in Grid Edit mode (But still keep the multi-record option disabled).

I can't just create as a Grid Edit report because I then lose the filtering ability that I get with the Table report type.

Curious if there was any way to play around with forms or other mechanisms to I can get this one report in Grid Edit mode but not have to turn on 'multi-record' for the whole table

Thanks.

------------------------------
Jennason Quick Base Admin

1 Reply

• Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible. The whole point of Grid Edit is the ability to add/edit multiple records at once. If your users are just going to be editing a single record, maybe you could show it in an embedded report and give them a button within that report that then takes them to the record in Edit mode?

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/