Forum Discussion

DanielDooley
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Group Kanban cards by user

I am trying to group the kanban cards by user.  This is a "User" field but it does not show up as a possible group to arrange by. From what I've read it has to be a text field.  Is there a way to fake this?

7 Replies

JasonJohnson
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    You would need a multi-select text field to do this natively. It depends on the use case as to how you can maneuver around this.
  • I know that this is on their Product Development roadmap because a lot of users have been asking for this.  So maybe just hang tight for now.

The alternative is probably to have a multiple choice text field and somehow with actions or automations to keep it in Sync with the user field.   Or just wait and hope it comes soon.
  • Hey Daniel,

You've got two options:
    1) wait till August 19th, when we'll release this feature natively. 

or 

2) Create a Multiple Choice field with the values being user names, then create a formula user field on your form with the formula 

ToUser([Multiple Choice Field])

in it, which will let you do user based reporting and permissions from the value set on the Kanban board.

Personally, I'd wait the 10 days.

Sam Jones
    QuickBase Product Manager

• Why wait ten days when you can do this today?

You can use the IOL technique with Kanban reports because it is possible to place a raw [-] field on the report. Consequently you can override or enhance Kanban reports. So if you want style your Kanban tiles as postits, use a script font, provide a custom sorting or grouping, or add easing animation to the movement of the cards this is all possible.

Since space is much more restricted on the Kanban tiles you would want to remove or hide the IOL field [-] so that it does not tqake up any space:

(function() {
      //$("img[qbu=module]").remove();
      //$("img[qbu=module]").hide();
    })();
    BethBeth
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    How about by a "ranking" field type? We have a "Priority" field which is of the "ranking" type and it seems like it would be ever-so-logical to be able to view the records by priority and move them around that way?  (Yes, I could do a behind-the-scenes ToText of the Priority field.)