Forum Discussion

LokeshMurali
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Group User - Not displayed in user fields

Hello Team,
I have a user field in my table and I have created a user group for my Application. But I am not able to see the user group listed in the user field. Is there any way I can get that listed in the user field or any other field type I have to use? I appreciate your quick response. Thanks, much!!

Regards,
Lokesh M

------------------------------
Lokesh Murali

2 Replies

• Hi Lokesh,

Mark is right that we do not currently have a function or setting to allow you to pull up the groups that a user is in from a User field. The groups function is geared more towards access to applications and records from a permissions standpoint and less for data on your user. Mark is correct we did add the USERROLES function and that was based on feedback we got from users about its value to the way they utilized their apps and the data they wanted to see. If you feel that being able to use a formula to pull out a users groups would also be valuable I would suggest putting that in as feedback on our User Voice. User Voice is a tool our product team uses to track interest in new features and enhancements to existing features from our users. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. If you have any trouble signing in directly with the URL going through the Feedback tab on the My Apps page most often resolves them.

If you do post this feedback dropping a link to it here in this thread can help other community members add their vote, that is how our conversations around adding USERROLES got started and eventually lead to the function being added.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base