Forum Discussion

BretBerta
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Help using Copy Detail Records to pre-fill data

I have an application with multiple tables to track a number of Projects (master table).  Each month, a Project Manager must go in and create a new Update (sub table to Projects) that will be used to populate an Executive Report for each project.  Each Update has multiple tables under it (Financials, Timelines, Milestones, etc...).  What I'm looking for is when the user Adds and Update to a project, each sub table automatically copies the values from the last update that was submitted for that project.  This is because in many cases, most financials or timelines may not change, and I don't want the user to have to start from scratch for each project.

1 Reply

• You can use the Copy Master Details process to generate the initial button. You'll want to use Updates as the Master/Parent table and you'll want to select Copy From Current Record  and Copy All Relationships (most likely). Once you've done that, you'll need a Summary field from Updates to Projects for the Max Record ID# from Updates. Then take that back down to Updates as a Lookup. Then, modify your formula to have an IF statement that compares the Record ID# of the Update to the Max Record ID# and if they're equal, use the Copy Master Detail formula.