Forum Discussion

MarcArmstrong1
Qrew Member
9 years ago

Hiding and Showing Multiple Sections with Dynamic Form Rules

I have 4 sections that i want to show or hide based off an answer.

Answer = 1

shows sections one. (or hides 2, 3 & 4..)

answer = 2

shows sections 1 and 2 (or hides 3 & 4)

answers = 3

shows sections one, two, & three. (or hides 4)

answer  = 4

Shows all or hides none.

i have other sections on the form as well, but only want to hide these based on the answer. It keeps telling me "Show Form Rules Warning" 

19 Replies

• OK, that worked! I feel like an idiot.  So basically I was making it more complicated with the hide actions and that was breaking things. You are a rockstar!  Seriously, I've read so many of your posts and your help is tremendous.
  • Indeed!  You are like the QB Jedi Master.  I should've slowed down and re-read your post like you said.  The answer was in there all the time!  I was adding unnecessary info to it, causing my problems.  Many thanks.
  • Hi Coach,

I have a form and on that form based on lookup field need to show various sections. I need to write dynamic rules to show sections. As we know that we can not use derivative/lookup fields more than 20 times. If we use then we would get popup as below:
    Can you please suggest solution for this?

Regards,
    Ravi Shankar
  • We, that limit is a real limit.

The alternatives are to combine situations where you use multiple "Derived" fields in a rule where you could have 1 derived field.  For example combine two formula fields into one formula field and then change the rule to just use that 1 field, thus saving 1 of your precious 20 rules.

Also, note that if you are using a lookup field in a rule (e.g. [Customer name] , and you could instead use the field [Related Customer], that is not a derived field as it is not a lookup nor a formula field.

Other than  that, post a request in User Voice and then solicit for votes on the forum to allow more that 20 derived fields being used in forms.  That limit has been there a very long time, and browsers and computers are stronger now.