Forum Discussion

AlexBartholomew
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Highlight Date fields that are blank.

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to research if it's possible to highlight an existing date field in red if that field is already blank. I have updated my form to now require that field to be filled in. An example is we have clients come to our office for resources. When a new client comes in we create a profile for them, verifying a few documents they are asked to provide. In some cases, we will help the client without the verifying documents. The field "Verified" is then left blank so that when the client comes back they bring the documents and we can update the verification date. Is there a way that while on a client's record the "Verified" field can highlight red when either viewing or editing?

------------------------------
Alex Bartholomew

10 Replies

AlexBartholomew
      Qrew Member

Hello Shane,

I did see that but do not know how to write the HTML for a blank value. It also seems like I have to make a new field Formula Rich field. How would I reflect the color in the "Verified" field?

Alex Bartholomew
        ShaneMiller1
        Qrew Cadet

Good question. 
        You are correct in the fact that you have to create a new formula rich field which will essentially mirror your "verified" field. 
        For simplicity sake, let's say your two fields are:
        1) Verified - text field?
        2) Verified (mirror html) - formula rich text field

place the following inside the formula box within the Verified (mirror html) properties:

If([Verified]="", "<div style=\"color:#DB4437;\"align=\"center\">"& [Verified] &"</div>", [Verified])
        //this code essentially says if the [Verified] field is blank, then color code this field with a red background, otherwise if it is not blank just mirror the [Verified] field. To change the background color of this field, simply replace the hex color code "#DB4437" with a hex color code of your choosing

Try this and let me know if it works. If it does, there is one more step to ensure you have a fluid form

Shane Miller
  • If you want to highlight it in FORM and not necessary in table report, you can use new FORM and new Form rules. It allows to give additional message towards field:)

What is more, it does not require additional rich-text field:)
    Additional Message:

Adam Krzyzanek