Forum Discussion

TonyTony1
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

How can I see what time people log in and out of my app?

I just need something simple and automated that gives me a login/out time stamp that's reportable.  Is it possible without having the rep have to clock themselves in/out?

Thanks in advance
-Tony

3 Replies

• Do you have any opposition to having them clock in and out manually? The problem I see you running into with trying to automate that is with the 'logging off' piece. In that instance - is closing the page and having a long enough inactivity time count as a firm sign out? Closing the browser doesn't really mean they signed out of Quick Base - so it would be really difficult to try and automate that. Plus automating activity around time can be a little messy in general.

A clock in/out idea might be to have a 'Daily' record for each person - and put it nice and big on their dashboard as a report of 'today' - and the only things on it are two buttons. Sign in and out. So every time they hit the home page they see it. If they forget they can go back and update yesterdays as well potentially. 

Chayce Duncan | Director of Strategic Solutions
    (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
    Quandary Knowledge Base
      TonyTony1
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks for your input.  I can easily see them "forgetting" on a daily basis.  I was thinking something similar.
      ChayceDuncan2
      Qrew Cadet
      Its almost a certainty that some people will forget. So you might consider adding something that will automatically time them out after like 8 hours, end of their day/shift etc. 

Then for them to correct it they have to go through an approval process or override that needs a second pair of eyes to try and get them to think about it when they log in and out. Just food for thought.

Chayce Duncan | Director of Strategic Solutions
      (720) 739-1406 | chayceduncan@quandarycg.com
      Quandary Knowledge Base