Forum Discussion

GrantEibling
Qrew Member
7 years ago

How do I create a Bar Chart reporting on a count of standard records per request?

I have seen other users post with the same question, but its been a year since the most recent thread so I am hoping I can get something that's come along more recently.

We have created an APP that collects "Task Requests" as individual records, within each task request there is a selection list where the user selects relevant quality escapes. Then we want to create a bar-chart that displays a sum of all quality escapes by month. The table will say: January -- 3 apples, 2 oranges, 2 bananas. Feb -- etc...

For example: on task request #001, I have selected apples, oranges, & bananas as my quality escapes. the table then creates a new record per the following: "Apples....ananas" 1. Whereas we want the tool to just 'bump' all of the existing records by one instead of creating a new record that is unique to that combination of escapes.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks!

1 Reply

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Are these "Quality Escapes" new records added or is it a multi-select field?

If they are new records (which is best) you can build a stacked bar chart on the 'escapes' table.

If they are in a multi select, then its going to be nasty to separate out the data.  (Last I checked you couldn't use multi's in report series, but I haven't checked in a while).