Forum Discussion

danieldaniel
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

How do I disable edits after users create records

Hi everyone,

I would like to lock the "edit" button after users add a completed record. This would disable the ability to change users first record. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

7 Replies

• No problem.
    Just set the access properties for their role in that table to be able to view, and add records, but "modify none".
  • Thank you.

How do i set it so that users are able to "edit" only certain fields. Meaning, users are able to enter data in all fields but have the ability to only edit some.
  • You mean that for a new record they can enter data into [Field A], but then after the record is saved they can no longer edit [Field A], even though they can edit the record?
  • Yes. They should be able to enter data into [Field A], but unable to edit [Field A] after saving. But also, on the same table, they enter data into [Field B], and still have the ability to edit [Field B].
  • You can do this with Dynamic form Rules.

Make a  formula numeric field called [Record ID# mirror] with the formula of

[Record ID#]

It will be used on form rules and for reasons unknown it does not let you base a Form Rule on the [Record ID#] field.

Make a form Rule

When [Record ID# mirror] is equal to (blank) 
    Action
    Make editable [Field A]

Now, if the user goes into Grid Edit they will not be subject to that restriction.  So to block that you need to make a dummy form with no fields on it, and then in Forms Usage set that field to be used for Grid Edit for that Role.
  • Maybe i am doing something wrong.

Should i permission properties for this user able to view, and add records, but "modify none"?
  • They will need to be able to modify all records assuming that you want them to be able to modify all records, but just certain fields.