Forum Discussion

LawrenceClink
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

How do I edit the username for all of the users in my realm?

How do I edit the username for all of the users in my realm? When I access the user list from the Admin Console the First name, Last name and Username are greyed out. How do I get access to these fields? Is there a way to load from a text file?

4 Replies

SuryaExpert
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    First Name and Last Name are personal to the each individual user. So QuickBase does not allow anyone else but that person to be able to edit it. The only exception is when you are creating a new user for the first time. If one missed it then, then the only one who can change it is that person.
  • HI Lawerence,

It is the case that for Accounts that have not registered an email domain are not able to edit their users. For those Accounts that have registered their email domains with us they are able to edit those users who are in their Account and their email is part of the registered email domain. For example if I am the Account Admin at Example Inc and I registered @example.com by putting a support case in with the Care team I could then be able to edit the First, Last, and Username of any user who is also @example.com but I wouldn't be able to change any users from @diffferentcompany.com unless I registered it as well. You can find out more info on the process linked below under the Edit User Info page:

https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/filter_userswithacces.html

Note: You can't edit user info for accounts that use single sign-on (that have LDAP/SAML enabled), or for users designated as "not in company". To use this feature, the account/realm must be tied to the company, and the user that is editing as well as the user being edited must have an email address that belongs to the company. Names that don't meet these conditions will not be linked.

If you don't have your email domain registered with us or if you are still having issues I would recommend putting in a support case to connect with the Care team and they can take a look at getting that enabled for you. You can contact our support when signed into Quick Base by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner and selecting Manage Support Cases or directly here. I hope that this information is helpful Lawerence.