Forum Discussion

ZVIBOCK
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

How do I make changes save and return to where record was opened from

I have a button button that sets the record status to complete and then returns the user to his home page. The code is 

URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=API_EditRecord" &
    "&rid=" & [Record ID#] &
    "&apptoken=dxegd2ebb2dznd3pu7vi9wf2isr" &
    "&_fid_16=COMPLETED" &
    "&_fid_13= " & Today() 
&  "&rdr=" &
    URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid()) 

However users are complaining that they want to be returned to where they came from. Also I need to do a general save on the record to capture chnges that the user might have amde to to other fields. Is there a way to make the changes and then trigger the native save.  

4 Replies

• Do you mean to leave them back in view or edit mode on the record?  Is that what you mean by "where they came from"?
  • No they usualy open it directly in edit mode but they can open the record from multipule places. So for example if they opened it from a member with an embedded report they would like to return to the member they came from, if they opened from a report on the home page they would like to return to the home page etc.  This is the default behaivor of the save button but haveing a hard time figuring out how to replicate it.
      ZVIBOCK
      Qrew Cadet
      Would it be possible to somehow grab the native redirect URL that the save button uses and append it to the url buton