Forum Discussion

CaseyCasey
Qrew Member
12 years ago

How do I make my calendar display events over multiple days?

I tried adding start and end dates that range over a several day period, but the event only displays in my calendar on the start date

6 Replies

• If you want to show events that stretch over many days, like tasks or projects, you must tell QuickBase which date fields bookend each event. To do so:

1. Set the start. Click the Create a calendar report based on the field dropdown and select the field that marks the start of an event.
    2. Set the end. Within the End Field dropdown, tell QuickBase which date field marks the finish of the event. In addition to Date and Date/Time type fields, QuickBase lets you choose a Formula Date or Formula Work Date fields here. Formula end date fields work in conjunction with a numeric field that measures a duration in days from the start date. The Formula end date field calculates the end date based on this number. Click here to edit the formula of the field you've selected in the End Field dropdown.
  • Can we get an update to this request?  The answer provided does not answer the question posed.
  • I'm also interested in an update.  The original question is related to the fact that the field value and color formatting only appears on the first day of an event.  This makes it difficult to view the full event, because the subsequent days appear as  gray lines with no value and missing any background colors you may have added.  

So for example, lets say  I have a calendar event that starts on 1/1/2016 and ends on 1/3/2016.  The name of this even or field value to display is "ABC's Work Day".  The problem is that "ABC's Work Day" only appears on the calendar for 1/1/2016.  Nothing but a blank gray bar is displayed on 1/2/2016 and 1/3/2016.  Is there a setting that fixes this problem?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
  • I need to repeat an event that happens every Friday for three months. How do I do that in my calendar app

QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      That functionality is not currently supported as each entry in the calendar represent a Quick Base record.

I suggest using Grid Edit and Copy Paste / Fill Down to create the ~15 or so entries.