Forum Discussion

JaredChadwick
Qrew Member
7 years ago

How do I make pdfs into forms?

I'm trying to upload pdf files and have those be what my clients fill out. Is anything of the sort possible?

1 Reply

• Hi Jared it is possible to make something like a Documents table that can store a set of PDFs or other documents. Then users could download that document, make the necessary changes, and then upload that now finished document to another file attachment field.

For example I might have a Documents table that holds 5 different types of applications. A user could go in and download the job application PDF. Then they can edit it on their own computer (so long as they have the necessary software to do so), then when they are done they could go into their individual records on another table and upload that now filled in PDF into a file attachment field there. This way you have a template that is accessible to everyone but they individual filled in PDFs are stored along with a Customer record or Employee record that helps to differentiate the filled in forms.

There isn't a native feature to upload a PDF and have it directly editable in Quick Base without needing to download, edit, and then re-upload the now changed file. I hope this information is helpful Jared and thank you for your time today.